Green Empowerment seeks an experienced and motivated Development Director to help support our ongoing work. The application deadline is November 4, 2009. Please pass this on to friends, family, and vague acquaintances who you feel can help catalyze the work we do through fundraising efforts.
About This Position
The Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing a fundraising strategy that incorporates individual donor cultivation and corporate appeals, fundraising events, and submission of grants for capacity-building grants, and to develop and implement digital and written communications efforts.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy for major individual and corporate gifts, in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Analyze acquisition and retention of donors while developing strategies to upgrade existing donors; develop planned giving program as an aspect of long-term donor cultivation
- Advance use of contact relationship tools such as our donor database
- Support and encourage Board fundraising efforts and lead volunteer fundraising efforts with the Fundraising Committee
- Secure organizational capacity grants from foundations, corporations, or other sources
- Maintain communications regarding GE’s achievements with the funding community and donor prospects.
- Coordinate and refine events to raise funds and foster profound donor relationships
- Manage volunteer efforts that enrich fundraising campaigns and events
Time Commitment: Full-time position, with flexible work hours
Remuneration: $40,000, employer-paid medical insurance, paid vacation and sick leave
Qualifications: Minimum 3-5 years experience with fundraising in a leadership role. Experience with communications and event management required.
Education: BA or equivalent preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Experience with donor prospecting, identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition and tracking
- Demonstrated success in organization fundraising from individuals, family foundations and corporations
- Proven ability to develop, manage and complete successful fundraising events
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to use word-processing, spreadsheet and data-base software required
- Experience using press releases, written materials, web sites, e-news, blogs, Facebook, and other media required
To Apply: Kindly send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by Nov. 4, 2009. Thank you very much for your interest!