About This Position: The Communications Coordinator promotes the mission of Green Empowerment by using a range of digital and print media for outreach and donor development. This position coordinates diverse volunteers and supports Green Empowerment staff for the smooth functioning of the organization.
Public Relations- 30% of time
Enhance Green Empowerment’s reputation and visibility through branding, external communication and the website.
- Work closely with staff to keep the website information current.
- Assist with events and corporate sponsorships
- Execute email and hard-copy newsletters and solicitations.
- Coordinate Annual Reports.
- Manage Twitter and other social media accounts.
- Develop graphically appealing Project Profiles and marketing materials
Administrative and Fundraising – 30% of time
Assist in the smooth functioning of the organization’s administration.
- Receive visitors, telephone calls, and mail.
- Receive emails to general info@greenempowerment, respond or forward.
- Help with general office task such as ordering supplies
- Help to maintain a new database management system (Salesforce) for corporate, foundation, and individual donors with the Development Director or Accountant.
- Maintain records of incoming grants and outgoing requests as well as past, prospective, and current institutional and corporate donors in Salesforce
- Organize end of year contribution receipts and replies.
Volunteer coordination- 20 % of time
Effectively manage and designate roles for a diverse corps of Portland based volunteers. Act as a liaison between the Director of Service learning and international volunteers.
Program Tracking- 20% of time
Support program staff in tracking and program-related outreach.
- Support in grant writing, solicitation and reporting.
- Maintain active projects profiles with Good Search, Global Giving, Universal Giving, local CFCs (combined federal campaigns), and other web fundraising opportunities.
Remuneration: $27,000 annualized. This is an “at will” position, not a contract for a fixed period of employment. Employer-paid medical insurance, paid vacation and sick leave.
Education: College degree, or equivalent
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic nonprofit organization and commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign and general computer skills.
- Marketing or graphics experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other database system preferable.
- Experience with Vertical Response, Facebook, Twitter and Google Documents recommended.
- Must be outgoing, be able to work independently and think creatively about complex solutions.
- Demonstrated high quality written and verbal skills.
To Apply: Kindly send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18, 2010.